Rijeka Sport's Association
Name: Rijeka Sport's Association
Rijeka Sport's Association /acronym RSS/, is non government and non profit organisation, allying all sporting clubs within the City of Rijeka and is the promoter of the Programme of public sports programme co-funding in the City of Rijeka which is presented through the City administration department for sports and technical culture to the government of the City of Rijeka.
Operation of Rijeka Sport's Association and its technical services is governed by Sports Act. The Association is in charge of the promotion and stimulation of sports as a whole within the territory of its competence, of coordination among its members’ activities, of bringing together and coordinating sports programmes, proposing the programme of public sports programme co-funding and taking care of its development.
1. Fostering and promotion of sports
2. Carrying out sports activities for children, youth and students
3. Operation of sporting societies, sporting communities and city associations
4. Sports preparations, national and international championships and general and special
health protection for athletes,
5. Employment of professional sporting staff,
6. Sporting and recreational public activities
7. Utilization of sporting facilities of significance for the local self-governing unit
8. Development and funding of research and development projects, feasibility studies and
surveys in the function of sports development
9. Planning, construction, maintenance and utilization of sporting facilities and structures of significance for the local/regional self-governing unit.
Programme fields of public sports programme co-funding within the City of Rijeka comprise all the above mentioned activities, with differences concerning certain programmes timing.
Its activities – programme planning, analytics, informatics, legal and human resources related, accounting-financial, programme development surveillance and others – are performed by technical staff within the Association.
These activities are allocated regular and occasional financial support for 182 sports clubs with approx. 18,000 active athletes of different age, out of which 9,500 either registered or unregistered sports club members and over 5,000 students and procreative users.
Since 29th of March 2010 Rijeka Sport's Association has received the certification audit by the Bureau Veritas in all the processes in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 procedures and BV.
RSS cooperate with Croatian Olympic Committee, Croatian Paraolympic Committee and Croatian Deaf People’s Sporting Society.